Potts awarded at Miami
OXFORD — Miami University junior Dakota Potts of Fletcher was awarded the prestigious Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for Study Abroad. The award provided funding for Potts to study abroad during the spring 2016 semester.
The scholarship program is designed to help undergraduates with financial need study abroad. The program also aims to support students seeking unique opportunities in nontraditional countries, especially those outside of Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand, and students with diverse ethnic backgrounds.
Potts was in St. Petersburg, Russia with the CIEE Russian Language Program program.
Gilman Scholarships are sponsored by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and is administered by the Institute of International Education.
Potts is earning a bachelor of arts degree, majoring in international studies, Russian, East Eur & Eurasian St.
Students named to dean’s lists
• ALLIANCE — The following students have been named to the dean’s list for the fall 2015 semester at the University of Mount Union.
Renee DeFord, a integrated media major of Casstown.
Brian Olson, a biology major of Covington.
• BLUFFTON — Bluffton University has announced its dean’s list for the spring term.
Students with a GPA of 3.6 or higher are eligible for the dean’s list.
A Covington resident, Amber Edwards, was named to the list.
• BOURBONNAIS, Ill. — Daniel Wiseman of Bradford was named to the dean’s list at Olivet Nazarene University during the recently completed fall 2015 semester. To qualify, a student must have been enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student and must have attained a semester grade point average of 3.50 or higher on a 4.00 grading scale.
• CINCINNNATI — The University of Cincinnati has named its fall 2015 semester dean’s list students. Miami County residents include:
Piqua — Jacqueline Alexander, Kacey Gambill, Megan Jones, Emily Kiefer, Alain Kuchta, Brian Larger, Courtney Magoto, Sean Murphy, Alexandria Rohrbaugh, Kyle Stumpff, Gretchen Walter, David Wysong.
Tipp City — Darius Appora, Adam Ault, Anna Barhorst, Michael Barnett, Rachel Bruns, Gilliam Evan, Evan Hood, Matthew Krauskopf, Jenna Kremer, Cheyenne Krieger, Heidi Layman, Kyle Melling, Jacob Miller, Jay Schairbaum, Lonna Sedam, Kathryn Snyder, Heather Smith, Jacob Sowry, Savannah Swisher, Davis Trask, Frank Viskup, Madison Waitzman, Ashton Weethee, Linxi Yang.
Troy — Jenni Bolton, TaylorBruner, Macen Cancino, Alexander Clark, Amanda Compton, Margaret Conover, Lauren Dunfee, Tristyn Eppley, Ashlyn Evers, Nathan Fair, Kelly Fischer, Marcus Foster, Gabriella Fulton, Madeline Kleptz, Paul Lamm, Madelyn Leembruggen, Bridget McCormick, Scott Meyer, Lindsey Monnin, Megan Nosker, Asheev Patel, Hailey Pierce, Meagan Rawers, Sarah Reinhard, Alexandre Rizkallah, Andrew Robinson, Mariah Sano, Katie-Grace Sawka, Dhaval Shah , Sean Slack, Colin Smith, Elizabeth Ullery , Michaela Welbaum, Jenee Zweidinger , Shane Zwierzchowski.
Casstown — Dylan Bourelle
Ludlow Falls — Catherine Busse, Kyle Klingler, Zackery Steck,
Covington — Sadie Canan, Robert Gengler, Halie Winn.
West Milton — Shana Honeyman,
Laura — Claire Neiswander
• DELAWARE — Ohio Wesleyan University is pleased to announce its 2015 fall semester dean’s list. Local students earning recognition include:
Daniel Frame of Tipp Cit
Alyssa McKinney of Piqua
Susannah Wright of New Carlisle
• DAYTON — Nearly 300 undergraduate students, including Kassandra DeMoss of Troy, received degrees at the University of Dayton’s 2015 fall commencement ceremony Dec. 19, in University of Dayton Arena.
• NORTH MANCHESTER, Ind. – A total of 307 students engaged in undergraduate study at Manchester University are on the fall 2015 dean’s list.
The scholars achieved a 3.5 GPA or higher while enrolled in at least 12 credit hours of classes this spring.
Area students on the list include:
Paige Keller of Troy, a sophomore majoring in physical education.