Tipp Seniors celebrate opening of new center
Tipp voters approve continuous school levy
Cardboard boats make a splash
From aliens to elephants — unusual collection turned business
Tipp schools seek levy renewal
- Elections fraught with technical issues - 2:45 pm
- Bethel substitute levy narrowly passes - 10:31 am
- Voters renew West Milton street levy - 10:19 pm
- Voters approve Tipp City library levy - 10:02 pm updated: 10:35 am.
- Community briefs - 7:14 pm
- Community Services starts weekend food program - 3:28 pm
- Police reports - 2:08 pm
- New SRO aims to be role model for students - 10:34 am updated: 12:12 pm.
- Bethel to stage ‘And Then There Were None’ - 12:41 pm
- City, township, school officials meet - 5:22 pm
- Community briefs - 3:48 pm
- Tipp police investigating tampered candy - 3:25 pm
- Bethel levy mislabeled - 2:29 pm
- Commissioners establish roads - 1:16 pm
- Police reports - 2:08 pm
- Bethel, Tipp City receive grants - 1:43 pm
- Board approves strategic plan - 12:14 pm
- County to split cost of UVMC water line - 3:25 pm
- Tipp board accepts teacher resignation - 8:43 am updated: 12:51 pm.
- Community briefs - 9:58 am
- Commissioners approve purchase, review budgets - 2:34 pm
- Board reviews five-year forecast - 8:39 am updated: 3:16 pm.
- West Milton street levy on the ballot - 11:57 am
- Historical society hosts postcard program - 4:30 pm
- Bethel Fire to receive grant - 4:07 pm
City, township, school officials meet
TIPP CITY — Tipp City schools hosted the regular meeting Tri-Agency meeting Monday night, where city, schools and township representatives meet ...
Election Day dinner plannedWEST MILTON — On Tuesday, Nov. 6, Hoffman United Methodist Church will be serving their Election Day dinner. This Ele...
Bethel levy mislabeled
MIAMI COUNTY — A proposed 10-year, 3.49 mill substitute levy for the Bethel Local Schools district has been labeled as a renewal levy on the bal...
Commissioners establish roads
MIAMI COUNTY — The Miami County Commissioners established roads and stop signs in the Merrimont subdivision Tuesday.The board voted to establish...
Oct. 18SUSPICIOUS: Elderly female requested a check of the area around her home on Arapaho Trail because she heard people on her back porch. Area chec...
Milton football coach Lane steps down to focus on AD duties
By Josh Brownjbrown@aimmediamidwest.comWEST MILTON — Once Mark Lane took over the head varsity football coaching job at Milton-Union High School...
Foundation holds fall distribution event
MIAMI COUNTY — With the coming of the holiday season, comes the opportunity to reflect on those aspects of our communities which make them fanta...
Public meetings set for county’s mitigation plan
Staff ReportTROY — A public informational meeting to review the updated Miami County Hazard Mitigation Plan is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, May...
Devils prove selves in loss
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comSPRINGFIELD — Two years ago, a previously-undefeated Tippecanoe girls basketball team was routed by 31 point...
A tough act to follow
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comVANDALIA — As if Caleb South needed more motivation heading into Saturday’s sectional final, his mothe...
Trojans rebound vs. Red Devils
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comTROY — The Troy boys and girls bowling teams were looking to bounce back after tough losses to Butler last w...
Annual cemetery walk set
TIPP CITY —The annual “If Tombstones Could Talk” cemetery walk that helps current Tipp City residents connect with the residents of ...
County OKs bridge replacement
MIAMI COUNTY — At their meeting Thursday, the Miami County Commissioners awarded a contract for the replacement of the Greenville Falls-Clayton ...
Battiston to appear on ‘Broken Skull Ranch’
By David Fongdfong@aimmediamidwest.comTROY — Ken Battiston used to fight for his right to watch “Stone Cold” Steve Austin on televis...
Himes, Crowe to wed
ENGLEWOOD — Walter and Jean (Skip and Jeanie) Himes of Englewood are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter Alison, to Micah Crowe...
The Moody Blooms: Dark florals move from runway to rooms
We know that what brews in fashion percolates into decor. This fall, it’s floral prints loaded with depth and drama.Anna Sui’s fall 2017 s...
Blessings of autumn are here
This weekend we enjoyed a number of Halloween and autumn-related events — parties, trick-or-treating, and pumpkin carving among them. This autum...
Gone but not lost
More times than I can count in the past 20 years, I’ve used the expression “we lost mom in 1998.” Of course, I mean that’s the...
Nostalgic tunes are guilty pleasures
Last week I was listening to WTCR in Troy and they delighted me by playing a song that took me back to my very young childhood. It was “Does You...
Diet no match for football, weather and detours
For most of my adult life, I have waged war with my weight. Although I have won some battles, I fear that in the end, I will not be victorious. I know...
Life in the Twilight Zone
There was an old television show called The Twilight Zone which still gives me the willies 40 years later. Unlike the monster and horror movies of tod...
Levy renewal critical for Tipp schools
To the Editor:As a parent of three Tipp City school district graduates and as a college educator, I am writing in support of Issue 3, the Permanent Im...