Tipp Seniors celebrate opening of new center
M-U grad earns top FFA honors
Tipp voters approve continuous school levy
Cardboard boats make a splash
From aliens to elephants — unusual collection turned business
- Council talks budget, buys equipment - 7:01 pm
- Tippecanoe Community Band plans holiday shows - 4:24 pm
- Community briefs - 3:39 pm
- Commissioners OK security grant application - 5:01 pm updated: 5:03 pm.
- Elections fraught with technical issues - 2:45 pm
- Bethel substitute levy narrowly passes - 10:31 am
- Voters renew West Milton street levy - 10:19 pm
- Voters approve Tipp City library levy - 10:02 pm updated: 10:35 am.
- Community briefs - 7:14 pm
- Community Services starts weekend food program - 3:28 pm
- Police reports - 2:08 pm
- New SRO aims to be role model for students - 10:34 am updated: 12:12 pm.
- Bethel to stage ‘And Then There Were None’ - 12:41 pm
- City, township, school officials meet - 5:22 pm
- Community briefs - 3:48 pm
- Tipp police investigating tampered candy - 3:25 pm
- Bethel levy mislabeled - 2:29 pm
- Commissioners establish roads - 1:16 pm
- Police reports - 2:08 pm
- Bethel, Tipp City receive grants - 1:43 pm
- Board approves strategic plan - 12:14 pm
- County to split cost of UVMC water line - 3:25 pm
- Tipp board accepts teacher resignation - 8:43 am updated: 12:51 pm.
- Community briefs - 9:58 am
- Commissioners approve purchase, review budgets - 2:34 pm
Community Services starts weekend food program
TIPP CITY — Tipp Monroe Community Services is expanding its efforts to ensure local kids have enough to eat.The organization is starting a ̶...
Oct. 25SUSPICIOUS: Silver Denali circled Broadway Elementary at least three times. Area checked.SUSPICIOUS: Suspicious vehicle reported in the area of...
New SRO aims to be role model for students
BETHEL TWP. — Bethel Local Schools’ new school resource officer sees his role in the district as building relationships with students, as ...
City, township, school officials meet
TIPP CITY — Tipp City schools hosted the regular meeting Tri-Agency meeting Monday night, where city, schools and township representatives meet ...
Election Day dinner plannedWEST MILTON — On Tuesday, Nov. 6, Hoffman United Methodist Church will be serving their Election Day dinner. This Ele...
Milton football coach Lane steps down to focus on AD duties
By Josh Brownjbrown@aimmediamidwest.comWEST MILTON — Once Mark Lane took over the head varsity football coaching job at Milton-Union High School...
Foundation holds fall distribution event
MIAMI COUNTY — With the coming of the holiday season, comes the opportunity to reflect on those aspects of our communities which make them fanta...
Public meetings set for county’s mitigation plan
Staff ReportTROY — A public informational meeting to review the updated Miami County Hazard Mitigation Plan is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, May...
Devils prove selves in loss
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comSPRINGFIELD — Two years ago, a previously-undefeated Tippecanoe girls basketball team was routed by 31 point...
A tough act to follow
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comVANDALIA — As if Caleb South needed more motivation heading into Saturday’s sectional final, his mothe...
Trojans rebound vs. Red Devils
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comTROY — The Troy boys and girls bowling teams were looking to bounce back after tough losses to Butler last w...
Annual cemetery walk set
TIPP CITY —The annual “If Tombstones Could Talk” cemetery walk that helps current Tipp City residents connect with the residents of ...
County OKs bridge replacement
MIAMI COUNTY — At their meeting Thursday, the Miami County Commissioners awarded a contract for the replacement of the Greenville Falls-Clayton ...
Battiston to appear on ‘Broken Skull Ranch’
By David Fongdfong@aimmediamidwest.comTROY — Ken Battiston used to fight for his right to watch “Stone Cold” Steve Austin on televis...
Himes, Crowe to wed
ENGLEWOOD — Walter and Jean (Skip and Jeanie) Himes of Englewood are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter Alison, to Micah Crowe...
The Moody Blooms: Dark florals move from runway to rooms
We know that what brews in fashion percolates into decor. This fall, it’s floral prints loaded with depth and drama.Anna Sui’s fall 2017 s...
Continuing levy better in long term
To the Editor:Tipp City Schools has a permanent improvement levy on the ballot Nov. 6. This levy funds improvements/expenses for the school district t...
Blessings of autumn are here
This weekend we enjoyed a number of Halloween and autumn-related events — parties, trick-or-treating, and pumpkin carving among them. This autum...
Gone but not lost
More times than I can count in the past 20 years, I’ve used the expression “we lost mom in 1998.” Of course, I mean that’s the...
Nostalgic tunes are guilty pleasures
Last week I was listening to WTCR in Troy and they delighted me by playing a song that took me back to my very young childhood. It was “Does You...
Diet no match for football, weather and detours
For most of my adult life, I have waged war with my weight. Although I have won some battles, I fear that in the end, I will not be victorious. I know...
Life in the Twilight Zone
There was an old television show called The Twilight Zone which still gives me the willies 40 years later. Unlike the monster and horror movies of tod...