Local musician hopes to create ‘Beautiful Moments’
Tipp City Fire Department honors members
County engineer asks for fee increase
Tipp City Fire Department honors members
Tipp breaks ground on new field
- Local musician hopes to create ‘Beautiful Moments’ - 12:53 pm
- Fulker scholarship applicants sought - 12:07 pm
- Bethel receives STEM grant - 4:28 pm
- Bethel receives STEM grant - 4:25 pm
- County engineer asks for fee increase - 2:52 pm
- Library hosts buddy reading, contests - 1:40 pm
- Grandma’s Kitchen to reopen for year - 1:15 pm
- Community briefs - 3:54 pm updated: 3:12 pm.
- West Milton outlaws yard parking - 3:34 pm
- Memorials, walk outs held - 2:10 pm
- Tipp presents “Hello! My Baby” - 8:36 pm
- Bethel board approves teachers contract - 10:07 pm updated: 4:20 pm.
- Bethel board to vote on teachers’ contract - 12:25 pm
- Health inspections - 9:54 am
- Museum seeks donations for new roof - 2:42 pm
- Downtown Tipp hosts beer crawl - 12:13 pm
- Pet of the Week - 9:00 am
- New business is dream come true - 11:47 am
- New business is dream come true - 8:30 am
- Tipp breaks ground on new field - 6:51 pm
- Community briefs - 3:54 pm
- Weather likely factor in fatal crash - 8:48 am updated: 4:46 pm.
- Driver freed from overturned truck - 3:30 pm
- Commissioners approve purchases - 1:32 pm
- Council discusses possible future legislation - 10:05 pm
Memorials, walk outs held
TIPP CITY — As thousands of students across the country walked out of classrooms Wednesday morning, students in Miami County organized walk outs...
Tipp presents “Hello! My Baby”
TIPP CITY — What’s old is new again in the latest production by the Tippecanoe High School theater program, “Hello! My Baby.”T...
Bethel board approves teachers contract
BETHEL TWP. — The Bethel board of education voted Monday night to approve a contract with the Bethel Education Association that reinstates step ...
Bethel board to vote on teachers’ contract
BETHEL TWP. — After spending almost 18 months in negotiations, the Bethel Education Association and the board of education have reached a tentat...
Restaurant inspections are performed in the county by Miami County Public Health, except in Piqua, which has its own health department. Miami County P...
Museum seeks donations for new roof
TIPP CITY — The Tippecanoe Historical Society is asking for the community’s help in raising funds to replace the roof on the 1929 building...
Foundation holds fall distribution event
MIAMI COUNTY — With the coming of the holiday season, comes the opportunity to reflect on those aspects of our communities which make them fanta...
Public meetings set for county’s mitigation plan
Staff ReportTROY — A public informational meeting to review the updated Miami County Hazard Mitigation Plan is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, May...
A tough act to follow
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comVANDALIA — As if Caleb South needed more motivation heading into Saturday’s sectional final, his mothe...
Trojans rebound vs. Red Devils
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comTROY — The Troy boys and girls bowling teams were looking to bounce back after tough losses to Butler last w...
Bees hold off Vikings
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comBRANDT — With a chance to put a rivalry game away from the free throw line and solidify his team’s lea...
US housing starts fall 0.8 pct., a 2nd straight monthly drop
WASHINGTON (AP) — Homebuilders slowed their pace of construction by 0.8 percent in August, the second straight monthly decline. A steep drop in ...
Spooky or sweet: choosing a theme for Halloween decorations
Before they even know whether the candy will be top-notch or king-size, trick or treaters are drawn to houses decked out for Halloween.“When kid...
Consumer packaging group to reduce confusing food labels
NEW YORK (AP) — “Sell by?” ”Display Until?” ”Best Before?”These food date labels intend to help shoppers fig...
Miami County Marriages
William George Stoltz, 40, of 1054 Stonyridge Avenue, Troy to Amy Michelle DeCerbo, 41, of same address.Susan Marie Bachmann, 29, of 1695 Curry Branch...
Troy baker takes the cake at fair
MIAMI COUNTY — Amber Weldy embodied the Baker’s Delight award both with her talents and her demeanor this year at the Miami County Fair af...
Yet-to-be invented items spark interest
Last week I was strolling around the internet, actually looking up an idea I had for a new product. I figured if I had thought of it, then someone els...
January now Ohio Blood Donor Awareness Month
COLUMBUS — January is now “Blood Donor Awareness Month” in the state of Ohio. Supporters say the recognition from this new legislati...
Who put out the bat signal?
Not to belabor a point, but I am really not a fan of bats. I don’t mind them outside, where I know they provide a needed part of our ecosystem. ...
Small business growth puts Ohio on map
Every time we enter our corner coffee shop, purchase produce from our local farmers market, or dine at our favorite hometown restaurant, it becomes cl...
Pay it no mind
Some people have the gift of remembering names easily. I am not one of those people. During my career, I developed a number of strategies to help me, ...
What a horrible legacy we have left
I am writing this a couple of days after the school shooting in Parkland, Fla. If history is any indicator, sadly, by the time you read this article i...