Foundation appoints executive director
Scratch Bakery opens in Tipp City
Tipp City house fire possibly suspicious
Bethel presents “Mary Poppins”
- Greenville Federal to open Tipp City location - 4:36 pm
- Traveling dentistry program coming to Tipp, Milton - 2:47 pm
- Police reports - 2:08 pm
- Show and tell - 12:19 pm
- Ohio tourism reaches new heights in 2017 - 10:58 am
- Roses – knocked out - 3:27 pm
- Community briefs - 3:54 pm
- Bethel robotics team takes top honors - 4:06 pm
- Township OKs cemetery prep - 3:06 pm
- Huber Heights, Troy urgent care centers announce openings - 4:24 pm
- County approves new trucks for Transfer Station - 2:15 pm
- Bethel board reduces sports fees - 11:32 pm updated: 3:03 pm.
- Tipp City assistant superintendent returns from leave - 4:41 pm
- TMCS seeks donations for lunch program - 2:32 pm
- Local students win art scholarships - 2:07 pm
- Council discusses levy renewal - 1:08 pm
- City celebrates Day of Prayer - 12:17 pm
- College briefs - 10:32 am
- THS to host Elevate the Arts - 10:20 am
- Local students win ‘Lead the Way’ scholarships - 9:35 am
- Community briefs - 3:54 pm
- Milton-Union FFA earn awards at state - 1:07 pm
- M-U MVCTC FFA holds annual Parent-Member Banquet - 1:03 pm
- Village approves loan for fire truck - 1:47 pm
- Powell wins Republican nomination for Ohio 80th - 9:44 pm
Huber Heights, Troy urgent care centers announce openings
TROY — Premier Health will hold open houses for two of its newest urgent care locations. These sites are a part of a larger group of locations s...
County approves new trucks for Transfer Station
MIAMI COUNTY — On Tuesday, the Miami County Commissioners approved awarded bids for the purchase of new vehicles for the county’s Transfer...
Bethel board reduces sports fees
BETHEL TWP. — At their meeting Monday night, the Bethel board of education approved contracts and discussed salary schedules, and approved reduc...
Tipp City assistant superintendent returns from leave
TIPP CITY — The Tipp City Schools assistant superintendent placed on paid leave earlier this month has returned to work.Assistant Superintendent...
TMCS seeks donations for lunch program
TIPP CITY — Just a month away from serving its first meal, the Tipp Monroe Community Services Lunch On Us program is in need of donations.Lunch ...
Local students win art scholarships
ENGLEWOOD— The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) Graphic Art classes are proud to announce their regional semi-finalists and top 300...
Foundation holds fall distribution event
MIAMI COUNTY — With the coming of the holiday season, comes the opportunity to reflect on those aspects of our communities which make them fanta...
Public meetings set for county’s mitigation plan
Staff ReportTROY — A public informational meeting to review the updated Miami County Hazard Mitigation Plan is scheduled for 6 p.m. Tuesday, May...
A tough act to follow
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comVANDALIA — As if Caleb South needed more motivation heading into Saturday’s sectional final, his mothe...
Trojans rebound vs. Red Devils
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comTROY — The Troy boys and girls bowling teams were looking to bounce back after tough losses to Butler last w...
Bees hold off Vikings
By Josh Brownjbrown@civitasmedia.comBRANDT — With a chance to put a rivalry game away from the free throw line and solidify his team’s lea...
The Moody Blooms: Dark florals move from runway to rooms
We know that what brews in fashion percolates into decor. This fall, it’s floral prints loaded with depth and drama.Anna Sui’s fall 2017 s...
US housing starts fall 0.8 pct., a 2nd straight monthly drop
WASHINGTON (AP) — Homebuilders slowed their pace of construction by 0.8 percent in August, the second straight monthly decline. A steep drop in ...
Spooky or sweet: choosing a theme for Halloween decorations
Before they even know whether the candy will be top-notch or king-size, trick or treaters are drawn to houses decked out for Halloween.“When kid...
Consumer packaging group to reduce confusing food labels
NEW YORK (AP) — “Sell by?” ”Display Until?” ”Best Before?”These food date labels intend to help shoppers fig...
Miami County Marriages
William George Stoltz, 40, of 1054 Stonyridge Avenue, Troy to Amy Michelle DeCerbo, 41, of same address.Susan Marie Bachmann, 29, of 1695 Curry Branch...
O’Brien is problem solver, clear thinker
To the Editor:On May 8, voters in Miami County and parts of southern Darke County, will be voting in the election to select a new state representative...
Fellow commissioner supports O’Brien for state rep
To the Editor:I am writing in support of John “Bud” O’Brien for Ohio House of Representatives in the 80th House District. Having ser...
Lovett has passion for people
This letter is to bring information to other Miami County residents regarding Ohio House candidate George Lovett. His law firm had been a B2B partner/...
Suggestion no prize winner
Years ago, when I was working full time, a colleague and I went to grab lunch at a local fast food establishment. We sat down with our sandwiches, fri...
O’Brien an honest public servant
To the Editor: The election for the Republican primary for state representative in the 80th district has become increasingly competitive as the primar...
Lovett protects values, beliefs
To the Editor:I have known George Lovett for three decades. In that time, George has shown care for others and demonstrated that care through his serv...