For the Weekly Record Herald
TIPP CITY — A number of local community leaders work tirelessly every year to help those who need assistance through Education, Income and Health. Tipp City Area United Way volunteers put it this way, “Our organization exists for those who strive for a good life and for those who want to give it.”
Tipp City Area United Way’s campaign goal of $170,000 has not yet been achieved.
“It’s not the number that’s important,” said Stan Evans, Campaign Chair. “It’s what that amount represents. It means a family that is going to be turned away for help when they need it the most. If we do not reach our goal, we will have to cut funding to vital social service programs.”
Pam Catalano, Campaign Co-Chair continued, “When you give to Tipp City Area United Way you are making sure local funding is available to health and human service organizations that have programs with proven results to help our community members in need. If you have not given toward the annual campaign or can afford to give an additional amount, we are asking you to consider making an investment in your fellow community members needing help to a better life.”
Some key points you may want to remember as you contribute this year is:
• Your money stays here. 99% of your donation is used in Tipp City, Monroe and Bethel Townships.
• Many of our partner agencies use our annual allocation as a leverage for additional government and private sector contributions. Some grants will only match dollars given through a private sector like United Way.
• Your one donation helps over 19 essential human services organizations right here in Miami County.
• This year we have added a new partner agency — Rides to Work. Allowing more community members the ability to get and keep a good job so they are self-sustained.
• We are a 501 (C) (3) agency and your contribution is 100% tax deductible.
• On the lighter side, numerous studies show that charitable giving boosts happiness, lowers blood pressure, contributes to a longer life span, and many other health benefits!
“Every contribution, large or small, takes us one step closer to our goal,” said Stan, who added, “The primary objective is to give hope and help to those needing it in our community. Every contribution stays right here in the Tipp City, Monroe, and Bethel Township area.”
If you have any questions regarding our campaign, need an informational brochure, or would like to facilitate a company campaign at your workplace, please call Deborah Carr at 669-FUND (3863).
You may also help with our community effort by sending your donation to: Tipp City Area United Way, P.O. Box 95, Tipp City, OH 45371. Credit card donations and more information may be obtained through our website www.tippcityauw.org.
And don’t forget to like us on FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/#!/TippCityAreaUnitedWay, to get up to date information throughout the year. If you are going through a difficult time and need assistance, please contact our office for help.