City to flush hydrants
TIPP CITY — The Tipp City Water Department will be flushing fire hydrants Monday, Sept. 26, through Friday, Oct. 7, during the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The following schedule will be followed:
• Monday, Sept. 26: (Main Street South) all hydrants from South First Street to Hathaway, including the Roslyn area.
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: (Main Street North) all hydrants starting at North First Street to Bowman Avenue.
• Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29: (Southwest area) Tipp Plaza areas, Hathaway, Spring Hill, Willow Glen, Cottonwood, Hampton Woods, Hunters Ridge, York Meadows and Sycamore Woods.
• Friday, Sept. 30: along Evanston Road and S. County Road 25-A, south of Evanston Road and going to Corner Stone Drive.
• Monday, Oct. 3 and Tuesday, Oct. 4: (Northwest area) all hydrants starting at Westedge, Tippecanoe Village, Manchester Chase, North Tipp-Cowlesville Road, Tweed Woods, Commerce Park Drive, Weller Drive and Curry Branch.
• Wednesday, Oct. 5 and Thursday, Oct. 6: (Northwest area) all hydrants starting on County Road 25-A, Spring Meade, Woodlawn, Donn Davis Way, Windmere, Oakwinds and Rosewood Creek.
Friday, Oct. 7 will be used as a makeup day, if needed.
Library book sale set
TIPP CITY — The Friends of the Tipp City Public Library is hosting their fall book sale on Saturday, Oct. 1, from 9:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. in the Senseman Meeting Room at the Library, 11 E. Main St.
Get a sneak preview at members’ night, available to Friends only, on Friday, Sept. 30 from 1-6 p.m. Become a member that day.
Children’s books, hard back and paper books, tapes, CDs, and DVDs will be featured. Come ready to stock up! Proceeds to benefit the library.
Developmental disabilities conference set
PIQUA — “My Story, a Journey into Self-Advocacy,” a one-day conference aimed at people with developmental disabilities to increase knowledge and awareness of ways to advocate for themselves and achieve their dreams, is planned for Sept. 30.
Guests at the event will hear about the many accomplishments of other self-advocates and learn what they are doing in their own lives to strive for their goals and make our communities a better place to live, work and play – together.
The event is set for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 30 at the North Hall and Theater at Edison State Community College in Piqua.
TMCS hosts puppy class
TIPP CITY — This six week course will shine a new light on fun and innovative ways to connect and clearly communicate with your puppy.
Help your puppy get off on the right paw by learning how to prevent and problem-solve common behavioral issues. This class will give you the tools needed to help shape them into a well-rounded member of your forever family.
Next class begins on Monday, Oct. 3, 2016.
For more information on these classes or other Tipp Monroe Community Services classes and events, call 937-667-8631 for go to www. tmcomservices.org.
Community Services accepting coats
TIPP CITY — TMCS is collecting new and gently used coats. We are accepting coats for all ages but are especially in need of children’s sizes.
In addition we are taking hats, gloves, scarves, thermals and snow suits. Please make sure items are clean and ready to wear.
Drop off at TMCS until Nov. 4. Our office is located at 3 E. Main St. next to the library. Our hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Coat distribution is on Nov. 5 at the Tipp Monroe Community Services Office at 3 E. Main St., Tipp City. If you or your family is in need of a winter coat, gloves, hats or scarves, hours of distribution are 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information, call TMCS at 667-8631.
AARP seeks volunteers for tax aid
MIAMI COUNTY — Make a difference as a volunteer with the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide, the nation’s largest volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance service. Your time and talent will help Ohioans ensure they are maximizing and protecting their tax refunds.
Millions of low- to moderate-income people, especially those 60 and older, need help preparing their taxes. Volunteer for AARP foundation Tax-Aide and make sure they get all the deductions and credits they deserve.
If you are ready to get on your way to becoming an AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteer do one of the following. Fill out the volunteer form at www.aarp.org/taxvolunteer.
Call Tom Beattie at 937-778-0339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t wait, sign up today and with your contribution, skills and talents our sites will be able to remain open and even more people may be assisted with their taxes.